Write, maintain, and update Policies and Procedures (P&P), Desk Level Procedures (DLP) and workflow diagrams along with other process resource tools utilized by the organization. Coordinates, writes, tracks progress, edits and formats documentation in accordance with guidelines and to meet business needs. Produce end-user documentation based on information gathered from peers, technical specifications, and actual system use. Works collaboratively with all business units to promote efficient cross functional processes. Communicates new and updated processes to the business. Works under general supervision and in partnership with business leaders.
• Develop accurate and complete Process and Procedure manuals, DLPs and workflow diagrams (using Visio).
• Revise existing DLPs based on process and procedure changes resulting from system enhancements, health plan rule changes, business/operational changes, etc.
• Maintain manual source material in organized manner with revision control. Maintains historical records and files of work and revisions in a policy and procedure library.
• Follow style standards for Process and Procedure manuals and revise as necessary. Ensure writing style of documentation is simple, clear, concise, grammatically correct, and written for the intended audience and achieves compliance with legal requirements, regulatory mandates and performance standards.
• Work with various business partners to determine specific requirements for process/procedures and additional process resource tools.
• Meets with assigned stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of the business unit’s goals and operational procedures.
• Distribute process changes to Management and Learning & Development teams (as well as any other relevant parties) for review, prior to all system enhancement releases; integrate reviewers’ comments and revisions; and prepare final version of documentation.
• Communicates process changes via written and verbal channels including facilitating review session meetings.
• Provide input on processes, procedures, materials, and additional process resource tools to support innovation and continuous improvement.
• Leads or participates, as assigned, in training or implementation of newly developed or revised Policies and Procedures to affected work group(s).
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Technical Writing, Journalism, Communications or English, or; an equivalent combination of education and experience required. At least three years’ experience creating process and procedure manuals and/or training documentation. Excellent technical writing skills and strong command of the English language, including grammar, spelling, syntax and proofreading ability is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Adobe Acrobat and publishing software such as RoboHelp and/or Knowledgment as well as internet, tracking, document management and retention tools. Experience in Operations or a Call Center and/or claims production environment or HealthCare field preferred. Knowledge of healthcare delivery systems and managed care regulations.
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with Florida’s Drug Free Workplace Law.