Supervises daily billing/collections operations and accounts receivable portfolios to ensure maximum efficiency/adherence to all policies and procedures. Ensures the collection of past due accounts. Works under general direction.
• Supervises daily billing and collections activities to ensure maximum efficiency. Provides guidance and direction to staff, covering all aspects of billing and collection standards/procedures, ensures adherence to policies and procedures and initiates correspondence to Payers for reconsideration of claims.
• Supervises accounts receivable management functions, and maintains assigned portfolios at acceptable levels. Ensures that service/supplies are billed appropriately and reimbursements are pursued until full payment is received.
• Provides guidance, assistance, and communications with internal and external customers to avoid reimbursement issues.
• Develops and implements plans to ensure assigned accounts receivable balances are within stated objectives.
• Supervises the maintenance of the payer manuals, patient information updates, and various logs essential to patient clearance/billing processes.
• Ensures the accounts are billed within the established time frames and the customer service guidelines/guarantees are adhered to. Keeps abreast of billing regulations/requirements and changes to industry formats and communicates changes to all pertinent personnel.
• Approves account receivable transactions within specified limits and refers those above limits based on delegation of authority guidelines.
• Maintains contact with insurance companies and administrators of state and federal programs as a Company liaison and troubleshooter to resolve exceptional reimbursement problems.
• Keeps management informed of the status of accounts, bad debts, etc. on a monthly and ad hoc basis. Prepares ad hoc analysis to determine accounts receivable performance.
• Performs all duties inherent in a supervisory role. Ensures staff training, evaluates staff performance, and recommends hiring, terminations, promotions and salary actions.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
ATTRIBUTES / QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Candidate will possess excellent communication (verbal/written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Manage multiple tasks, be detail oriented, be responsive, and demonstrate independent thought and critical thinking.
• Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
• Convey a strong professional image, exhibit interest and positive attitude toward all assigned work.
• Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program / practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs / practices.
• Reviews and adheres to all company policies, procedures, and the Employee Handbook.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time.
• Occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer).
• Frequently communicates via phone and email. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Occasionally lift items weighing up to 10 pounds.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred plus a minimum of three years health care related collection/billing experience including previous experience in a lead or supervisory role generally required. Strong knowledge of collection and accounts receivables procedures required. Effective communication and project management skills also required.
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with Florida’s Drug Free Workplace Law.