The Clinical Reporting Analyst will be responsible for generating reports utilizing data gathered from corporate systems and reporting applications to provide Management with analysis to facilitate decisions regarding best practices and subsequent effectiveness of process changes, which will ultimately support smooth and effective business operations.
• Responsible for regularly running reports on: project data management, operational workflow, and quality reporting. May also generate reports for customers on performance on certain business units.
• Works with management to obtain an understanding of processes and issues to be evaluated, gathers and presents data, and analysis necessary for management evaluation.
• Reviews select management reports to determine business trends and alerts business owners of risks and opportunities.
• Consults with internal experts and utilizes their own experience to determine appropriate data and analysis to be performed.
• Evaluates and validates data by comparison to related standard reports and reviews with experts.
• Consults with management on sources and time frame of data gathered to fully evaluate the analysis and determine other approaches for presentation of information.
• Develops an understanding of performance metrics, designs reports and performs analysis to track and evaluate effectiveness of process changes.
• Will work across the UM department and Medical Economics in a matrixed environment.
• Will be involved in new projects as appropriate (as they arise).
• Must perform other duties as required or assigned.
A Bachelor's degree preferred or a minimum of three years’ of related experience is required. Thorough knowledge of databases, reporting and presentation applications such as Excel (advanced functions), and PowerPoint, and how to integrate and transfer data between them is required. Access experience preferred. Knowledge of the healthcare industry and internet research literacy is required. Effective analytical, communication and presentation skills ae required, medical terminology preferred.
Knowledge of health plan/utilization management and regulatory requirements is highly preferred. Excellent organizational and analytical skills required.