Manages the collection and billing functions to maximize profits and minimize loss. Develops Billing Center training programs to encourage growth and assists in preparing departmental budgets. Assumes responsibility for department in director’s absence. Works under general direction.
• Manages the collection and billing operations and develops credit/collection strategies to maximize profits and minimize loss. Ensures that maintenance strategies of accounts receivable past due balances are within stated objectives.
• Interprets to customers and field personnel Company policies/practices/procedures related to billing processes, accounts receivables, and financial issues regarding non-clinical processes and clinical specifications impacting accounts receivable.
• Manages the analyses/report preparation of trends of consolidated account receivables. Reports information to appropriate line management.
• Assumes responsibilities of Director, as assigned, during Director’s absence.
• Assists in preparing departmental budget and monitors expenses to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints.
• Develops departmental tools and training programs, to encourage growth and development.
• Analyzes/monitors their implementation.
• Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role.
• Must perform other duties as required or assigned.
Associate’s Degree or the equivalent, plus a minimum of five years health care related billing/collection experience with at least three years in a management role generally required. Strong knowledge of accounts receivables procedures and general accounting principles required. Excellent organizational, project management and verbal/written communication skills also required. Knowledge of Utilization Management and URAC standards.
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with Florida’s Drug Free Workplace Law.