Supervises daily billing/collections operations and accounts receivable portfolios to ensure maximum efficiency/adherence to all policies and procedures. Ensures the collection of past due accounts. Works under general direction.
• Supervises daily billing and collections activities to ensure maximum efficiency. Provides guidance and direction to staff, covering all aspects of billing and collection standards/procedures, ensures adherence to policies and procedures and initiates correspondence to Payers for reconsideration of claims.
• Supervises accounts receivable management functions, and maintains assigned portfolios at acceptable levels. Ensures that service/supplies are billed appropriately and reimbursements are pursued until full payment is received.
• Provides guidance, assistance, and communications with internal and external customers to avoid reimbursement issues.
• Develops and implements plans to ensure assigned accounts receivable balances are within stated objectives.
• Supervises the maintenance of the payer manuals, patient information updates, and various logs essential to patient clearance/billing processes.
• Ensures the accounts are billed within the established time frames and the customer service guidelines/guarantees are adhered to. Keeps abreast of billing regulations/requirements and changes to industry formats and communicates changes to all pertinent personnel.
• Approves account receivable transactions within specified limits and refers those above limits based on delegation of authority guidelines.
• Maintains contact with insurance companies and administrators of state and federal programs as a Company liaison and troubleshooter to resolve exceptional reimbursement problems.
• Keeps management informed of the status of accounts, bad debts, etc. on a monthly and ad hoc basis. Prepares ad hoc analysis to determine accounts receivable performance.
• Performs all duties inherent in a supervisory role. Ensures staff training, evaluates staff performance, and recommends hiring, terminations, promotions and salary actions.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Candidate will possess excellent communication (verbal/written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Manage multiple tasks, be detail oriented, be responsive, and demonstrate independent thought and critical thinking.
• Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
• Convey a strong professional image, exhibit interest and positive attitude toward all assigned work.
• Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program / practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs / practices.
• Reviews and adheres to all company policies, procedures, and the Employee Handbook.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time.
• Occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer).
• Frequently communicates via phone and email. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Occasionally lift items weighing up to 10 pounds.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred plus a minimum of three years health care related collection/billing experience including previous experience in a lead or supervisory role generally required. Strong knowledge of collection and accounts receivables procedures required. Effective communication and project management skills also required.
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with Florida’s Drug Free Workplace Law.