CareCentrix is currently hiring for a Billing and Collections Specialist job in Tampa, FL. CareCentrix is making the home the center of patient care. We improve patients' lives by delivering innovative home health solutions that produce better outcomes and reduce overall costs through partnerships with providers and payors. CareCentrix is a growing organization and we are seeking dedicated individuals to be a part of this exciting and rewarding business. We offer competitive pay and a full benefit package including health, dental, vision, 401K, and tuition reimbursement.
Billing and Collections job responds to patient/financial responsible party calls effectively and provides exemplary customer service. Identify callers' needs; educate them on CareCentrix role in their care. Determines the acceptance of patient’s financial responsibility through claim research, plans, eligibility, notes, etc.; goal to resolve patient’s account. Identifies and escalates patient issues and concerns to the appropriate senior. Works under general supervision. Guides collectors in their performance of invoice processing activities to ensure receivables are reimbursed in an accurate and timely basis. Works directly with the payer, internal and external customers and other contract clients toward efficient and effective collection results. Works under moderate supervision.
Collector Job Responsibilities;
• Ensures the coordination of invoice activities leading to timely reimbursement of receivables using available resources including databases, internet, and telephone.
• Researches and resolves denials received that have not passed payer edits and may lead to a final appeal of denied services. Requires knowledge of a variety of system applications both internal and external. Determines and initiates action to resolve rejected invoices, prepares payer corrections, and/or appeals using electronic and paper processes.
• Provides guidance, assistance, education, and communications with internal and external customers related to insurance and government payers claims processing protocols.
• Utilizes various resources to determine patient’s eligibility, benefits, and health plan confirmation. Including online payer databases, CareCentrix Eligibility platforms, and medical records that may result in provider or payer recoup/rejection activity.
• Oversees accounts receivable adjustments to resolve overpayments and payment rejections according to standard operating procedures. Analyzes and clears payment variances. May prepare adjusted and corrected bills or adjust accounts receivable entries in accordance with existing operating procedures. May include the use of special reporting.
• Evaluates, analyzes and monitors the processing of invoices and on-line notes, utilizing a Windows based data processing system. Monitors payer responses, using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and other software as necessary to ensure prompt payment.
• Contacts providers, physicians, and/or patients to retrieve appropriate medical documentation to substantiate services provided and engage them in assisting CareCentrix in collecting for the payer.
• Provide payers with detailed itemization of services performed to ensure timely reimbursement.
Review EOPs/EOMBs/EOBs for accuracy of patient responsibility.
• Provide input on accounts receivable process improvements and assisting in their implementation.
• Prepares Ad Hoc financial reports for management to use in the evaluation of accounts receivable performance.
• Participates in teleconferences covering a wide range of topics that enables the NBC to effectively collect account receivables.
• Assist Lead Collector with training of newly hired associates and re-education of collection teams as necessary.
• Acts as an information resource for hard to collect accounts and a “grey area” subject expert.
Ensures the coordination of special handling or reconciliation of spreadsheets for national payers.
• Monitors team results to ensure they are aligned with departmental goals.
• Works with internal customers to identify issues which may result in new enhancements or platforms as necessary.
• Assures the completion and coordination of work in an associate’s absence, or as needed to maintain departmental standards.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Patient Account Specialist Job Responsibilities;
• Researches, resolves, and documents patient inbound and outbound calls involving a wide range of issues utilizing multiple information systems. This includes communications with internal business centers and external customers. Assures customer agreement by summarizing and closing each call appropriately.
• Investigates payment status and determines ultimate patient financial responsibility. Collect outstanding balance, offer patient assistance with financial responsibility through various financial options.
• Identifies overpayments, processes refunds, adjustments, and appeals as necessary. Analyzes and resolves payment variances, which may involve preparation of adjusted and corrected bills, or adjusting accounts receivable entries in accordance with existing operating procedures. This may include the use of special reporting.
• Minimizes patient dissatisfaction by listening attentively, maintaining a professional tone, and acknowledging their concerns. Escalates patient issues and concerns to the appropriate senior.
• Works with internal and external customers to obtain appropriate medical documentation, work orders, proof of delivery, or other documentation necessary to resolve open account issues.
• Reviews payer payment explanation for accuracy of patient responsibility.
• Exercises good judgment, interpret data, and remains knowledgeable in details of all related CareCentrix contracts, policies and procedures. Participates in process improvement initiatives; maintains teamwork, customer service production and quality standards to assure timely, efficient and accurate call resolution.
• Maintain patient confidentiality and data integrity in accordance with Health Information Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA), and company policies and procedures.
• Sends patient necessary documentation required to complete the payment arrangement process. Prepares payment plan agreements or other correspondence; including requests for secondary payers or Medicare/Medicaid verification or other documentation necessary to resolve open account issues. Assures patients return documentation or signed payment agreements.
• Takes appropriate action when patient requests assistance in reconciling their financial responsibility, including proper follow up.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Billing and Collections Job Qualifications;
Requires a HS diploma or equivalent; up to 1 year of previous related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Two years medical claims processing and reimbursement experience generally required. Knowledge of healthcare collection procedures and related internal and external software applications are required. Effective analytical, verbal and communication skills also required as well as knowledge of HIPPA, The Fair Credit and Collections Act, HCPC, CPT, ICD-9 coding, intermediate competency of Microsoft Office Applications, and mathematical calculations. Knowledge of Utilization Management and URAC standards. Basic competency of Microsoft office applications and mathematical calculations is required. Must be well organized and possess excellent time management skills.
We at CareCentrix know that our work matters and that we make a difference. We take pride in what we do and truly believe that our most valuable assets are our employees.
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with Florida’s Drug Free Workplace Law.