The Instructional Designer is responsible for the assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of clinical, non-clinical, new hire orientation, systems, Health Plan and gap training initiatives at the course level. Responsible for integrating identified quality improvement activities into curriculum and training delivery. Works closely with company leaders to promote and drive organizational effectiveness efforts and is responsible for supporting Organizational Development projects related to organizational analysis, culture and change initiatives, and employee learning.
• Performs comprehensive Needs Assessment to determine appropriate performance and learning solutions.
• Delivers the trainer sessions as required.
• Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associates communications documents. Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Designs and develops programs using the appropriate instructional tools and methodology.
• Uses up to date knowledge and skills associated with the content being developed and delivered and collaborates with subject matter experts in the technical/functional areas of the content development.
• Works with members on the training team to develop and program SCORM compliant Flash, ActionScript, and (or) HTML/HTML5 based e-learning using industry leading authoring tools and development techniques to program interactivity in eLearning courses.
• Edit and modify audio files for courses using any audio editing software.
• Able to produce custom interactive elements.
• Experience working with and creating custom graphics in tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
• Demonstrate accuracy and attention-to-detail using sound development techniques.
• Ability to offer innovative, creative solutions for organizational problems.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Meets with appropriate management to identify staff skills/competencies required to support current business activities and future growth.
• Keeps abreast of new corporate policies/systems, state/federal regulations and information relevant to operations and the managed care industry.
• Builds strong partnerships with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and engages stakeholders as appropriate.
• Must perform other duties as required or assigned.
• up to 10%
• Bachelor’s degree in education, training education or Learning and Development required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of developing training programs in a corporate health care setting with a demonstrated capacity to design training and performance improvement programs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Visio) is also required. Experience developing eLearning using an authoring tool like Articulate, or Captivate, is strongly preferred.
• Must have demonstrated intimate knowledge of instructional design methodologies adult learning theory (ARCS, Robert Gagne, ADDIE and SAM models of ISD, Kirkpatrick 4 levels of Evaluation.
• Develops instructional material for training courses that support all areas of the company.
• Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills.
• Able to utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools (Articulate Storyline and studio, Captivate).
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with Florida’s Drug Free Workplace Law.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or being a qualified disabled veteran or qualified veteran of the Vietnam era or any other category protected by Federal or State law.